Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2012: Myth, Lunatic Musings or the "Dawning of the Age of Aquarius?" - Episode 3

I said there may be a few episodes to this story and so there are!



In my first entry about 2012, I mentioned that there is much conjecture around and so there is!

Dealing with the skeptics

I'm getting comments back, like: "Oh, rubbish - the end of the world has been predicted for decades and nothing has happened..." However, that particular kind of comment hasn't come via this blog, but through other routes, regrettably... wonder why?



My answer to this is: As much as there is disbelief and skepticism about the phenomenon, there is as much belief in it, so it's a case of 'whatever'.... you choose to believe what you will!



I look at the world around me and gather the media input about global issues and I sit back and think: 'Whatever anyone may think, at the rate we're going, something has to give at some point... right?' So, if something DOES give, what will it be - what is going to be the effect - what thereafter?



One little consideration I would like to throw into the mix here. It's a minor consideration; not to be pondered at much length or with particular depth.... just an insignificant thought: Do we seriously think we can continue to breed like rabbits and believe we're going to live happily ever after on this ever-shrinking planet of ours.... do we? Go think about that...

Moving on...

Anyway, so back to what this is about. At the end of the movie, I noted with interest, the particular reference to the Drakensberg and Kwa-Zulu Natal. It is interesting to note that the survivors set sail for that particular coastline and for some time, I have held the notion that, should world cataclysm be visited upon us, we in South Africa would be relatively safe. I say relatively... if you're on the central plateau area. I think it's logical that coastlines will be places to avoid?

There is a map of the world's tectonic plates and major fault lines and rather significantly, the African plate (with a few minor exceptions) seems the least vulnerable. Do the search yourself and make up your own mind, if you will.

No prizes for guessing where I will be..............

No comments:

Post a Comment